Monday, March 20, 2017

2nd Week Down (17 Mar 17)

So I survived my 2nd week and boy has this week been interesting.
Since a lot of you talked about it, The Dragon has not been a problem for me. I've had no digestional problems this whole time. I've gotten lucky because some missionaries in my district are trying to survive round 2 with the Dragon. I hope I never have to deal with it, but I've been told it's not a matter of if you get the Dragon, but when you get it.
The interesting part started Friday night when I woke up at 2 in the morning to water being splashed on my face. Confused I got up and nobody else was awake. Then I saw a drop of water come off the cieling. It had been raining ever so slightly that day and apparently above my bed there just had to be a leak. Being tired and exhausted as I was I grabbed my towel through it on my bed where the water was dripping and went back to sleep. In the morning I told someone and they hopefully fixed it. I'll see when it rains again.
Also on Tuesday it was the Latinos pday so they didn't have physical activity the same time as us white folks and soccer or futbol was so much more fun! We weren't getting outclassed every single time. Also that night the older american missionaries that have been here 3 weeks longer than us kind of set up a mini rave in the hallway with some latinos. we were singing, very badly as well, justin bieber and katy perry songs with flashing lights and what not. That was a lot of fun even we got yelled at by the sisters at the complete other end of the hall, who were behind 2 huge doors and their bedroom doors. So we were pretty loud, but it was awesome. Definitely something I'll remember from the CCM.
I mentioned the other older missionaries who  are leaving next week and it hit me that I'm going to be the older missionary group. It seems like I've been in here forever and barely at all. I've learned so much and can't believe how much I've grown in the gospel.
One way I've grown is from a really hard experience I had with my companion. It was Monday night and we just got back from teaching an investigator when we find out we have 15 minutes to prepare a lesson for a different investigator. I was thinking lovely, I'm already exhausted so let's keep teaching. We teach the investigator with two companionships. One companionship would teach while the other took notes to give feedback then we switched. We taught second and I was having such a hard time with the language and the investigator asked difficult questions I don't even know if I could answer in english let alone spanish. We got through it, but that wasn't the hard part. When the other group was giving feedback the teacher came up and asked the whole group how the spirit was when we were teaching. Immediately my companion answers and says and I quote (Quotation marks here) At the start the spirit was pretty good, but when Elder Price started talking the spirit went down and I tried to save it, but it didn't work. End quote. Boy that hit me hard. I felt horrible after that. But it gets much better. We went upstairs to get ready for bed immediately after that and while I'm there in my room feeling bad someone from the other room in our district calls me over. I didn't think much of it and walked in. In the room was the 3 companion ships in that room and the companion ship that gave feedback when I taught. They had told the other room what my companion said. One missionary Elder Mallory walks up to me and immediately says, You are a great missionary and I can feel the spirit when you talk. That hit me really hard as well. They started helping me through this and out of luck or inspiration from the spirit our zone leader, who is one of the older missionaries, comes in to find me crying and everyone helping me out. They tell him what happened and he shared his thoughts and love with me, then proceeded to take a few of those missionaries in my district to talk to my companion. While they talked with my companion Elder Lupton shared a letter he has from his girl who is a friend sent him which said, we control how the spirit is inside us and we invite the spirit or something like that. Anyway I felt so happy that they were watching out for me and helped me through that extremely difficult time. I have talked with my companion and we are working things out.
To answer some of your questions. No I can't look at emails other than the hour we get for pdays. Also don't worry about my shoes. I have the pair Hermana Moore gave me and if I need them I'll email you with time for them to get to me. I exchanged money at the airport so I've been good with that. Tie guy is a member who owns a LDS store by the Temple, but as missionaries we can't leave the grounds, so he loads things in his car and brings them to us. He is awesome and is even going to the USA for general conference. Elder Sauve got his name from this program we use called TALL to learn the language because that was the first word he learned and used it a lot afterwards.
Elder Bubba Price

No comments:

Post a Comment