Sorry I didn't tell you my Pday was Tuesday this week and not Wednesday, but I didn't find out until Sunday. Anyway things have been better here. For the most part I'm getting into the swing of things, but with General Conference coming up the schedule is getting changed and that is annoying. But the most annoying and more so terrifying thing about the changes is that this Saturday I get to go on splits with the missionaries in the Lima east mission and do actual work outside the CCM walls. This is freaking me out because I barely know spanish and this activity is normaly done our last week here not the start of our fourth. I just barely found out that information last night so I've been praying and studying extra hard in hopes I'll actually be able to say something. So wish me luck.
Today has been so weird because my district of 12 has been the only missionaries here at the CCM. Yesterday and early this morning all of the 3 week and those that have been here 6 weeks left, so it has only been us that have 3 weeks left, but have been in the 6 week program. It feels very different because there are normally an additional 110ish other missionaries so being dropped down to 12 overnight is a big change. I can't believe our district is already the older group called the avansados (or something like that) and we are the ones to set the example to all the missionaries coming in tonight and tomorrow. I still feel like it's my first week here and yet in four days I'll be outside these walls preaching to actual people.
One funny thing that happened is since the other missionaries were leaving the Elders tried to "throw" a party with the latinos in there room. Which worked out for about 2 minutes before the Sisters in the room directly below them started yelling at them through the window and saying stuff like, ÿou are elders at the CCM act like it." It was funny because they had probably 30 or more missionaries in a room meant for 6 people partying until they got chewed out by the sisters.
That's all I have to report this week, so until next time.
Elder "Bubba" Price
No comments:
Post a Comment